Confucius Institute (Dictionary)
China’s main cultural organization, founded in 2004 with headquarters in Beijing. The programs of the Confucius Institute are overseen by the Office of Chinese Language Council International, a not-for-profit organization affiliated with the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China. There are 386 Confucius Institutes around the globe, responsible for promoting the Chinese language and culture, and contributing to cultural exchange. Since these institutes are aligned with the government, they usually operate with local affiliate schools, colleges and universities, providing funding and other teaching resources.
- Confucius Institute Online
- Yu Dan and China's return to Confucius
- China's Soft Power Initiative
- China and International Harmony: The Role of Confucius Institutes in Bolstering Beijing's Soft Power
- List of Confucius Institutes Around the Globe