Institute for Cultural Diplomacy
Institute for Cultural Diplomacy
The Institute for Cultural Diplomacy is a non-governmental, not for profit organization, with its headquarters in Berlin. Its mission is the promotion of peace and understanding between peoples, through the development of intercultural relations at all areas. It undertakes its mission through the organization of international conferences and symposiums, academic programs and cultural exchanges.   
The institute was founded in New York City in 1999 and in 2003 in Berlin by Mark C. Donfried.[5On July 28, 2015, the former Prime Minister of Spain, José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero announced his suspension of his membership in the Council of State, in order to become the president of the advisory board of the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy, starting in September 2015. 
The institute runs the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy, which offers postgraduate degrees in Cultural Diplomacy, in partnership with European universities including Furtwangen University,  Babeș-Bolyai University   and Siena University. 
The conferences of 2013 featured keynote addresses by US Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs, Tara Sonenshine  Enrico Letta, Prime Minister of Italy  and Emma Bonino, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Italy.
In the framework of international cooperation, the institute sends regularly its young professionals to volunteer and help out in the sorting hall, at the Berliner Tafel.
On March 29th 2013, it was published that the institute for cultural diplomacy threatened Wikipedia editor Benjamin Mako Hill with legal action for his edits and contributions to Wikipedia page of the institute for cultural diplomacy. [13, 14]
- ICD thecultural organization. An article about the Institute for cultural Diplomacy in the Diplomatic Magazine. Retrieved 2015-01-15.
- Volunteering Power House – profile article, the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy. Berliner Tafel e.V.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_for_Cultural_Diplomacy#cite_ref-3 Furtwangen University - Institute for Cultural Diplomacy Organizational Profile
- (El «poder blando» de Zapatero encuentra misión en Alemania (The "soft power" Zapatero is mission in Germany) An article about José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero becoming the President of the Advisory Board of the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy in Berlin. ABC. Retrieved 2015-08-01)
- Welt.de - Diplomatie-auf-30-Quadratmetern. An interview with the founder of the institute. Retrieved 2003-04-26.
- La fundación donde recalará Zapatero busca el diálogo intercultural y la diplomacia del arte, la música o la cocina. Article in Europapress about the announcement of Jose Luis Rodríguez Zapatero. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- Description of the master programs in Furtwangen University.
- Description of the master programs in Babeș-Bolyai University.
- Article of the Transylvania Reporter about the Branch of the Babeș-Bolyai University within the institute for cultural diplomacy and the graduate programs in cultural diplomacy. Retrieved 2015-03-05
- Description of the master programs in Siena University.
- Leveraging Culture and Diplomacy in the Age of Information. Remarks by Tara Sonenshine, Under Secretary for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs before the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- TV article made by Italian tv TG1 about the symposium on cultural diplomacy. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- Group whose Wikipedia entry was deleted for non-notability threatens lawsuit against Wikipedian who participated in the discussion. BoingBoing. Retrieved 2013.03.29
- YourActivities concerning the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy –Letter sent to Benjamin Mako Hill. Retrieved 2013.02.26.
- Official Website
- Definition of Cultural Diplomacy by the former president of Romania, Emil Constantinescu (the President of the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy)
- International press articles about the institute for cultural diplomacy (including translation)
- Video lectures about cultural diplomacy and related fields